WORLD CAFE FACILITATED DISCUSSIONS
NEW FOR THE 2018 AAIR FORUM
Have you tried cafe conversations yet? Fun, quick and busy.
Here’s how it works:
• Facilitators host table discussions, dedicated to a specific topic (see below)
• Conversations last 15 minutes after which you move on to enjoy a new group and a new discussion topic
• And, in true cafe style, there’ll be plenty of opportunity for questions, discussion and networking
The topics for the AAIR World Café
- How to engage students to increase participation in surveys?
- If you could create your own radical policy in higher education what would it look like?
- How can universities justify continued public investment in teaching and research?
- What technological solutions could drive innovation and progression in higher education if there were no limitations or restrictions?
- What are the skills that institutional researchers need to influence decision making within and outside their organisation?
- What is the future of Higher Education in a Global Market?
The innovative design of the World Cafe enables groups to participate together in evolving rounds of dialogue – while at the same time remaining part of a single, larger, connected conversation.
We are currently searching for hosts for each topic, if it sounds like something you might be interested in please contact Emily!